2023/24 Handicap Meet
February 3, 2024 @ 4:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Saturday 3 February 2024
Freshwater Rock Pool
MEET CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES
9.00pm on Sunday 28 January 2024.
All entries must be submitted through WASA’s Online Entry System (with an accompanying entry time) by club Race Secretaries.
Entry times must be in whole seconds or minutes and whole seconds.
Late entries will not be accepted!
Warm Up: 4:00pm
In Handicap meets, the swimmers are “equalised” by commencing their race start at staggered time intervals based on the entry times submitted by the clubs. If each swimmer swims to their “handicap” time, all swimmers would arrive at the finishing line at the same time which is the ultimate goal (and a little tricky for judges) of the race. It makes for a fun carnival where different age groups and genders are mixed together based on ability. On go, the slowest swimmer enters the water first, followed in whole seconds by each subsequent faster swimmer. See Meet Specific Conditions below for more information.
Individual Event Entry: $2.00 per event
Relay Event Entry: $4.00 per event
Meet Specific Conditions
- Age: Age is at the day of the meet.
- BBB events: The stroke must be indicated on the entry form (‘BBB stroke column’).
- Disqualification: If a swimmer’s time is two seconds faster than their entry time, they shall be disqualified.
- Finals: Will be held for all individual events. 1st and 2nd place in each Heat will automatically proceed to the Finals.
- Additional lanes in a Final may be filled by swimmers who are best placed and have swum ‘best break times’.
- Registration: Swimmers must be registered members of a WASA affiliated swimming club.
- Relays: A club may enter a maximum of two relay teams per event. A Relay Entry Form must be filled out and submitted to the Recording Desk prior to Event 4.
- Rules: This meet shall be conducted under the Rules of WASA, available on WASA’s website.
See General Conditions for WASA general meet conditions.